There were no custom developed components however there were many major customizations in different sections of the site collection, so we planned to followed the below steps:
- Prepare the new SharePoint 2010 Farm/Server.
- Detach the Content Database from the SharePoint 2007 web application.
- Move the Content Database to the new SQL Server.
- Create a new Web Application in SharePoint 2010.
- Attach the Content Database to the new Web Application.
- Verify data and functionality.
- Some customizations might/will stop working so you need to fix them or in some cases re-do them.