The famous Facebook Like is one of the features that everybody want these days so that they can like/unlike everything they can read and see over the internet. I was exploring SharePoint 2013 Technical Preview's new features and how to use them in real world scenarios when I came across the amazing new Discussion Board list and its configuration settings so that users can like/unlike a discussion, comment and a reply.
First I am going to show the new features (displayed in the image below) and then I will show you how to configure the like/unlike button (in the video below).
New Discussion Board list has following cool features:
- Display Picture - Now users can see the person who has started the discussion and who is replying.
- Rich text - Users can reply with rich text to highlight the important parts of the conversation in their comments.
- Reply to Reply - Users can now reply to an existing reply just like the discussion topic.
- Multimedia Reply - Users can attach picture, video or a simple link with in their reply to provide a reference etc.
- Like a reply - Users can rate a post by liking it.
- Best Reply - A reply can be marked as Best reply in order to avoid other users to dig for an answer in the thread.